New Brunswick Competitive Festival of Music
April 20 – May 2, 2015
Do you like to design and do you love music?
We need your HELP!
We need a new logo for the
New Brunswick Competitive Festival of Music!
Did you know that The New Brunswick Competitive Festival of Music has been happening in Saint John for the last 79 YEARS!! Some of your parents and grandparents have competed in the yearly festival.
What do we need help with? We need a new Logo that will help everyone identify our Festival. We will use the logo in advertising, on letterhead, Facebook, posters and programs. It will be everywhere!
What is the theme for the symbol? The Festival is all about MUSIC! Hundreds of competitors participate in singing, piano, strings, woodwinds, brass, choirs, bands, small ensembles, and orchestras. We would also love to see something that would identify us with SAINT JOHN.
Prizes! Each entry will receive a complimentary Day Pass for the 2015 festival.
The winner will receive unlimited, FREE Entry fees for one participant in the 2015 Music Festival PLUS 2 festival passes good for the full 2 weeks of the 2015 Festival including the final concerts.
~the Winning Design will be chosen by members of the NBCFM Board of Directors
and will be submitted to a professional graphic designer ~
What are the Guidelines?
- The design will be used on letterhead so it should be simple enough to reduce easily but interesting enough to capture attention on a poster or program
- Black and white or color is acceptable
- The dimensions of the design should be no larger than 4” x 4” or 10cm x 10cm
- The design should be graphics only, no text
What information do we need from you? Your name, address and telephone number. If you are younger than 16 years of age we will require a parent’s signature and of course the design in the dimensions indicated above.
How do I enter my idea for a new logo? There are 3 ways to enter:
1. E-mail us your design to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Mail us a paper copy. Send your entry to: PO Box 2022, Saint John, NB, E2L 3T5
3. Drop off your entry to Veronica’s Music Store, 82 Germain Street.
Entry deadline is November 30th, 2014. Post marked no later than November 25th in order to arrive by the deadline.
This design competition is open to everyone.
The new design will be launched early in 2015 for use before and during the Festival in April.
A special Thank You to all of our Sponsors,