It would be impossible to run an event of this magnitude without the generous assistance of hundreds of volunteers. Becoming a volunteer can be very rewarding and not to mention fun! Just ask our volunteers. Many of them will tell you they have been with us for twenty-five years or more.
Though there are lots of volunteer opportunities throughout the entire festival, the areas that require the most support are related to the class sessions themselves. We are always looking for Hall/Door Monitors, Adjudicator’s Secretaries and Hall Convenors. No experience required!
Brief descriptions of each position are below. For more detailed descriptions, download the Local Music Festival Training Manual.
HALL / DOOR MONITOR
The responsibilities of the Door Monitor are:
– to arrive at the venue thirty minutes prior to the start of the session.
– to receive and label music from participants before passing on to Adjudicator Secretaries.
– to ensure there are no photocopies included in the music provided.
– to sell Festival Programs, season passes.
– to collect admission fees from session attendees.
– to prepare and balance the Tally Sheet for each session as requested by the Treasurer
– to control the flow of traffic into and out of the performance space.
The responsibilities of the Hall Convenor are below:
– to arrive at the venue thirty to forty minutes prior to the start of the session.
– to ensure all provided signage is posted in visible places throughout the venue.
– to ensure the float is ready for the Hall Monitors.
– to announce before morning, afternoon and evening sessions the restricted use of cell phones, cameras and recording equipment.
The responsibilities of the Adjudicator’s Secretaries are:
– to arrive at the specified venue thirty minutes prior to the start of the session.
– to ensure that the Adjudicator has all materials required to adjudicate the class.
– to prepare award certificates for presentation.
– to complete the Class Mark Sheets and return them to Hall Convenor.
– to monitor the use of cell phones, cameras and recording equipment.
If you would like to become a festival volunteer, please contact us today.